Daniel J. Savage Middle School
1900 Maid Mariane Ln., Modesto, CA 95355
Phone: (209) 552-3300 Fax: (209) 552-3305
Due to the recent COVID-19 developments, Sylvan Union School District will temporarily close its doors through May 3rd, 2020. The health and safety of our employees & community are our top priority. We will continue to serve and support our Sylvan families and students during this difficult time.
Please call (209) 552,3300, with any questions or concerns and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will continue to communicate via email, Aeries, and our Website with updates as we receive them.
Be sure to check out our Counselor Connection page under Parent Resources for updates on resources, activities, and coping strategies for students and families.
Please be sure to show your ID when checking out your student. Thank you!
Help support our 6th Grade Department by DONATING your Box Tops!!!
You can drop them off at Student Services or the Main Office.
"We Will Support All Students Academically and Socially Together"
Learning takes precedence over every other activity at Daniel J. Savage Middle School. Students, parents and staff strive toward the positive aspects of education and believe that every student can learn and shall be treated with respect and dignity. Social responsibility is a series of choices and students must be aware of the proper expectations for behavior so the decisions they make are correct ones.
Daniel J. Savage is a partner in the Sylvan Union School District with the following shared beliefs:
- Every individual has worth.
- Every individual can learn.
- Every individual has the right to a safe learning environment.
- Every individual has the right to an effective education.
- Every action/choice of an individual has an effect.
- Learning goes beyond the walls of the classroom and occurs throughout a lifetime
- Families are essential to the well-being of the individual and a critical component of the learning process.
CAMPUS APPEARANCE AND PRIDE
Savage students and faculty take a great deal of pride in the appearance of our campus. We know that a clean and well cared for campus builds pride - which, in turn, fosters improved attitudes and increased academic achievement. All people who use the campus are expected to leave the campus at least as clean and well cared for as they found it.
In line with the pride we have in our campus, school rules prohibit the possession of marking pens. It is unfortunate that these materials are too often used for graffiti.
SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
USE OF THE TELEPHONE
The office telephone is for immediate emergency and illness calls only. Students need to plan ahead to avoid requests of phone use for other purposes. A telephone is available, in the office, before and after school for students to use for other needs.
Students are allowed on campus beginning at 7:30 AM. They are to leave school grounds immediately upon dismissal from class at the end of the school day. Students must be off campus by 3:00 PM unless they are participating in a school sponsored event. There is no student supervision prior to 7:30 AM or after 3:00 PM.
Once a student has left the school grounds at the end of the day they are not permitted to return.
Daniel J. Savage is a CLOSED CAMPUS. Once students arrive in the morning they may not leave without permission until the end of the school day. Students will only be released to leave campus during school hours if their parent is present. (Any other adult must be designated by the parent on the student emergency card). All students must sign out through the attendance office when they leave campus during the school day. If a student returns to school after being released during the day, they must check in at the attendance office to obtain a re-admit for the class(es) missed.
- Only two gates will be accessible to campus: Main Gate (Maid Marianne) and Bus Gate (Merle)
- Open at 7:30 a.m. (with the exception of zero period students)
- Closed at 8:00 a.m. (ALL tardy students 8:01 am - 8:29 am, check in at front office; 8:30 am on - PARENT & STUDENT must check in at front office)
- Bike riders/Skateboarders/Scooters - enter the bike rack to lock up gates & MUST walk around to the main gate for entry (DO NOT JUMP THE FENCE)