Registering Students

1. Complete the online enrollment form on the SUSD website, Click here: Enroll Your Child

After you complete online registration, these items are required by SUSD to brought into the Registrar at Savage Middle School:

  • Parent/Guardian ID
  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Records
  • Proof of Residency - 2 documents (example: utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage statement)
  • If enrolling mid-year - withdrawal form/exit grades from previous school; If enrolling for the next school year - final report card/transcript
  • IEP (if applicable)
  • Court documents (if applicable)

Withdrawing from Enrollment

To permanently withdraw a student from attendance, parents must visit the Main Office in advance of the withdrawal. Students must report to the school Registrar Secretary and receive a withdrawal form that is to be signed by each of their teachers and the school librarian. This indicates that all books and materials have been returned. When this form is completed, the student returns it to the Registrar Secretary.

Reporting Student Progress

All rules and regulations for reporting student progress have been approved by the Sylvan Union School District . They reflect the education code of the State of California as well as the policies of this school district.

In order to complete graduation requirements, students must fulfill the following:

  • Achieve a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 1.5 for 6th-8th grades
  • Pass the 7th grade Minimum Proficiency tests
  • Pass all required courses for 8th grade

Report cards are mailed home three times per year. They are issued approximately 1-2 weeks following the end of each trimester. Progress reports are issued mid-trimester to all students receiving a grade of C- or lower. Parents are also notified if student achievement is exhibiting a downward trend. Teachers may issue additional progress reports at any time that it is determined appropriate.

Parents are encouraged to request meetings with teachers when a student's progress is less than expected or desired.

Change of Address

In case of a change of address, phone number, doctor, or matters of guardianship, the school office should be notified as soon as possible.

Please be certain that there is always someone listed on your child's FAMILY EMERGENCY CARD who may be contacted in the event of your own inaccessibility at a time of accident or illness. Stop by the office to update these records as circumstances change.

Contact - Cyrilla Simpson: